Nigerian Senator to commission Toilet facilities in Akwa Ibom community
Bassey Albert, Senator representing Uyo Senatorial District will commission Toilet and Sanitary facilities and few Open Market stalls in Etinan Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom as part of his constituency projects.
In a post on social media, the Senator said he will commission projects in all the nine local government areas making up the Senatorial District.
Part of the message reads “By God’s grace, I will be commissioning some of the projects that I initiated for execution in my constituency from Tuesday, 17/04/2018 to Thursday, 19/04/2018.
These projects, which span all over the Nine(9) LGAs that make up my senatorial district”
The Senator who is the Chairman House committee on Gas, will commission several other projects for in other local government areas such as
(1) Road construction/flood control in Ibesikpo Asutan, Nsit Ubium and Ibiono Ibom LGAs.
(2) Mini water scheme in each of the Nine(9) LGAs.
(3) Open Market stalls/Toilet and Sanitary facilities in (Mbioto1) Etinan, (Mbiaobong Etoi) Uyo, and (Ikot Ambang) Ibiono Ibom LGAs.
(4) Provision of a 500 KVA Transformer/Improvement of electricity in Mbiaobong Ikot Udo Owot, Uyo LGA.
(5) Provision of Recreational facilities, including Swimming Pool/Water/Bar at the Uyo club, Uyo LGA.
Bassey Albert also listed other projects which he assured will be commissioned soon as
“(1) Provision of fish processing plants in Itu and Uruan LGAs,
(2)Provision of sports/recreational facilities in Ifa, Uyo LGA, etc., which are still ongoing and may not be ready for commissioning before this briefing, will be completed according to their specifications and on time.”
Reacting Mr. Ekong Etuk a socio-political commentator has hailed the performance of Senator Bassey Albert in the red chambers but condemns the Provision of Recreational facilities, including Swimming Pool/Water/Bar at the Uyo club which he said is not people oriented.
The performing Senator has invited all to join him in the 3 day event preceding his constituency briefing and empowerment on Friday 20th April 2018.