ANIEKAN BASSEY: A PEEP INTO ACHIEVEMENTS OF URUAN’S LAWMAKER
Aniekan Bassey is the member representing Uruan State Constituency in the present Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Edet Micheal produces a litany of his achievements.
* Hon. Aniekan Bassey Educational/Empowerment support scheme ( HABEESS), a body that organizes free computer literacy clinic/ JAMB CBT for 620 Uruan youths.
* Bought and presented 62 JAMB forms to Uruan candidates. Logistics were provided to different examination centers.
* Awarded scholarship to 10 successful first year entry students studying course of their choice in various universities.
Provided a 4day free medical services, with its center in Adadia, where a total of 5,200 persons benefitted; 662 eye glasses were dispensed, 300 dental surgeries, 73 general Surgeries, 3000 people screened for HIV and counselled.
*Critical and emergency cases,, referrals were made to Anua General Hospital for further and conclusive treatments. Medical bills were instantly paid for.
* So far, 5 more major surgeries have been undertaken after the end of the free medical service and it is ongoing for for members of the constituent of Uruan extraction with genuine major ailments.
* Hon Aniekan Bassey has retainership agreement with Anua General hospital for referrals to constituents with poor financial standing in need of medical care (programme is a going concern)
ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND EMPLOYMENT.
* A 3 months skill acquisition training programme for 52 constituents, where the participants were trained on various trades/ skills, including decoration, computer services, paint production, fashion and designed. The programme was in conjunction with the National Directorate Employment.
* Trainees were also trained on book keeping and business management.
* Grants,, ranging from 20,000 naira to 40,000naira was given to 50 Uruan women for petty trading.
*Grant of 100,000 naira each, given to 5 indigenes of Uruan, to learn any trade/skill of their choice.
Facilitation of employment to 18 Uruan sons and daughters in Seven Energy, an oil service company operating in Uruan.
* Procurement of fishing nets and canoes to some fishermen in Uruan, to enhance their trade.
*Employment of15 nos. Personal aides including a physically challenged person.
Engaged the services of a consultant for the design and development of Issiet beach in his first 3 Mouths in office.
Lobbied the Governor, His Excellency Udom Gabriel Emmanuel in collaboration with Mr Okon and Mr Godwin Ntukude for the ward of contract of 19.3km Mbak- Adadia- Issiet Rd.
*Construction of Issiet fish market.
* Execution of constituency projects namely;
* Town Hall in Ekim Enen,
* Procurement/ installation of industrial transformer in Ikot inyang Esuk.
* Renovation of a primary school block in Ikpa Uruan.
*Attracted 3 projects through seven Energy oil firm for the execution of 2 solar powered borehole in Nung Oku Uruan and a civic center in Ekim Enen. * Construction of a 6 class room block in Akani Obio Uruan, the ancestral home of Uruan people.
*Singlehandedly sponsored the Uruan under 14 football team in 2015 that has produced young and promising stars.
* Sponsored 2 Uruan young footballers Master Phillip James Udo(Ekpene Ukim) and Master Godwin John Ekpe (Ikot Udo Uruan) for professional career in Turkey.
* Sponsored Uruan All stars club that came second in the 2016 Akwa Ibom state FA cup competition.
* Sponsored a bill to provide for the regulation of rent for premises , recovery of possession of premises and for other matters.
* Sponsored a bill for a law to establish an entrepreneurial/empowerment Agency.
* Co- sponsored numerous other bills.
* Raised a matter of urgent public importance on the murder of Mr Daniel ( the Babar) from ifiayoung usuk on the floor of the house. A resolution passes and being implemented on the murdered Uruan son. Hon Aniekan Bassey has since taken over the sponsorship of the murdered only son, who is presently in a private school.
* Moved a motion for the need to curb the invasion/Annexation of URUAN LGA by marauding militants from cross River state. The motion culminated in the joint sitting of the Akwa Ibom sate House of Assembly Legislators and that of their Cross River state counterparts to finding a long lasting security measures to insecurity between the 2 states.
* Moved a motion for the need for Akwa Ibom government involvement in Agricultural value chain to ensure sustainable food security.
* Sponsored a bill for a law to provide for free and emergency attention for accident victims in Akwa Ibom state.
*Provided succour to victims of militants/ pirates attacks at Issiet beach market
Provided relief materials to victim of fire incident who’s house was completely razed.
* Lead the management team of seven energy to the govt house for a business meeting with the Governor. A feat that was not achieve throughout the 16 years of the company’s operation in the state. The result of which was the community relations meeting at la’sien event center in Uyo.
* Hon. Aniekan Bassey took the permanent secretary ministry of Works to the erosion site in Nung ikono Ufok which has necessitated the award of remedial work being currently undertaken.
* Hon Aniekan Bassey also took the House committee on works to Ndueotong ibiaku Uruan Mbiakong rd, Issiet beach market and Erosion site at Ndon Ebom .A resolution was passed by the house to the state govt which has also necessitated the award of contracts to those roads. More loading stay blessed. Hon Aniekan Bassey is WORKING.
(c) Edet Micheal